Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Just Not The Same


After reading a recent article in the New York Times, about an artist known as Tank, the quote," But even R&B how it used to be isn’t how it used to be", is surged in my mind. In the article he expresses how his love for music has changed over the years because it isn’t the same. For instance, he is one of the most committed classicists, writing tidy songs about suffering wounds in search of love, but now days the music tends to lean more towards sex, drugs, and money. It’s become so intense that Tank is thinking about becoming a rapper, Yes a Rapper! I can truly relate though, because year after year new artist come out and it seems as if the morals of music have no meaning anymore. I can remember when music made you feel and imagine, but today music makes female want to go caught a man or shake their butts and a man just lust over women. So I hope people think about that when they turn the radio on, personally I listen to 107.9, the oldies.


 Great example of music...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhiAxHsaVkI
Prime example of nonsense...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4M-xee6kN4

3 comments:

  1. So it's not me. I try to see merit in new music, but I keep going back to the old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song by Tank. It's kind of old, but I'll never get tired of it. Also, I fully agree with you. I listen to all the old music as well. Dru Hill, Boys II Men, Luther Vandross, etc. That's good music. :)

    ReplyDelete