Monday, February 14, 2011

Super Bowl NO NO!

 Just like most Americans I was tuned into Super Bowl XLV, and might I say the opening was one to miss. I say this because Ms. Aguilera stumbled over a few key words in our National Anthem, and I’m sure she may have hoped no one caught it, but the whole U.S did. How can you forget the National Anthem?  
The announcer clearly stated that she would "now honor America" with her presentation of this nation's unifying theme. However, she did anything but. Yes I am a fan but, I think she was so obsessed with her own vocal style that she couldn't even remember the lyrics properly, and misquoted them. She played off the mistake saying, “I am truly sorry for my mistake and I happened to be going through a lot, so unlike the football players I didn’t come in with my head in the game”. I hope she does next time because I don’t think the world can go through that again.
Some say she may have been drunk or she just really forgot the words ;either way she made a fool of herself. Below is a video of the event , see if you can point out which line she missed , trust me its not very noticeable.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't personally watch the Super Bowl this year, but I did get the chance to youtube her huge mistake. I was actually kind of embarrassed for her. I don't think she did too good of a job covering it up, either. She added her own words into it. Definitely an event to remember.

    ReplyDelete