Sunday, February 20, 2011

Voyage #1-"WAKE ME UP FOLGERS"

My first visit to my sponsor was a very nice introduction for what is to come. Ron and I, meet up with our sponsor Mr. Randall Johnson at his in house studio this week. During our visit ,Mr. Randall was in the middle of a studio session with a friend his, helping with the Folgers Jingle Contest. It was a amazing, her voice, Mr. Randall's influence with the beat, and the jingle as a whole was polished and clean. Unfortunately, I do not remember her name, but her sting and ken eye for her music set in on me. I then wondered if I could ever be comfortable enough to the same.
For instance, when I sing, although it may seem as if my confidence is at an all time high, I am holding back with each note. The Folgers contestant sang her jingle with pose and passion; for someone who doesn't drink coffee , I could've went for a cup with each time she sang it. Also, Ron and I came up with several ideas for our one hour presentations that are sure to be a hit,(details will come later). I can definately say this should be a great and eye-opening experience for Ron ,also. As we sat and watched Mr. Johnson compose the music as a whole he was teach Ron how to make notes longer or short and the different types of engineering programs there are. We both got the chance to showcase our talents, and Mr. Johnson seemed impressed.  I am extremely excited for our next journey to Mr. Johnson.

*The picture to the left is of Mr. Randall, His friend (unknown), and Ron. Just seemed like a great picture.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting. Something tells me that you and Ron will collaborate and do something creative. I know that you put a lot of thought and effort into this entry and I thank you.

    See me and I'll be happy to go over your grammar.

    ReplyDelete