Sunday, January 23, 2011

Killing Me Softly

Looking through the NPR site i found one of the most inspirational and dynamic artist alive. Yes, Lauryn Hill , Ms.Hill as she likes to be called, captured my soul through her words and songs.HEr diverse lyrics and captivating tune vibrates thorough my body with each and every song I listen to. To me Lauryn Hill is a rare breed who many do not understand ,but through her words translate a woman who has overcome leaps and bound and through her music she releases her pain and pours out every emotion into her words.
Lauryn Hill is a raper and singer and her genre is   classified as a rhythmic spoken word but to many she's more than an artist. Her singing gives you a feeling of no other, for me its a journey. When I listen to her music it gives you a feeling as if someone has just captured my body, mind, and soul and has taken it to a place where you never felt you could go.For instance, her songs "Killing Me Softly", "Nothing Even Matters", and " Redemption Song" and all examples of  songs that in one way or another bring joy to my heart.Below is the article I found so I hope you enjoy , but I know you will . Also, take a look at John Legend, Chrisette Michele, and Janelle Monae you'll l feel exactly how good music should make you feel..

2 comments:

  1. You're entry compelled me to go the the NPR site. Did you listen to the 3 minute clip about Marley. I particulary like how she talked about the "high" that she gets from being creative with words and song. She went on to talk about a creative addiction. How inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is very inspiring, my she is my inspiration. The high that she feels is exactly what she translate through her music, i feel it everytime i hear voice.

    ReplyDelete