Sunday, April 3, 2011

Archway Visit...(connection)

Ms. Susan Website
On Friday, the choir, orchestra, band, and The New Groove went on a trip to preform at Archway School, and must say it was a very liberating experience. While we were there I meet a wonderful woman by the name of Susan Herrick, the Music Therapy teacher at Archway. She explained to us a little bit about how music helps the student there and how they really love music , it helps them get through their day. I immediately approached Ms. Susan , as she likes to called, and introduces myself. She seemed very excited to hear that I was interested in learning more about Music Therapy. Half way through the show she gave me her card with her email on it and told me to contact her asap, so I did.I took a look at her website and it has plenty of informational fact about Music Therapy on it, I also emailed her to let her know I would love to interview and get a one on one lesson about how it all works, and I am eagerly waiting on her response. Over all the trip came out to be very beneficial after all, and I cant wait to update the class with what I will further learn. Above is a link to Ms. Susan website , why don't you take a look.

4 comments:

  1. I always believed that music was therapeutic & the fact that it’s a class called Music Therapy just helped me prove my theory. I’m very interested on what that entails… do you have to be an inspiring musician & have to know how to play music in order to take the class or is it like a psychology class that picks out measures of the brain and why it works the way it does? Please fill me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that you had a very productive and informative day on your trip. I wish you the best on your new connection, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Archway trip was very useful and informative, and I'm so glad that I went. I know a lot of people though that the trip was useless, but just reading this blog I can see that it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I din't know that you guys went on a trip. But, from the sound of it, you enjoyed yourselves!!!

    ReplyDelete