Sunday, April 3, 2011

Song of the Week (My choice)

" I gotta find peace of mind, I gotta find peace of mind. He says its impossible without him, but I know its possible." Theses words pulled me through this crazy week of school, and so I now pronounce it Jasmin's song of the week. The song is called Peace of Mind by Lauryn Hill, and it was brought to my attention by my beautiful find Jalysa Jones. It seems like most inspirational song are handed to me in my time of need and it always speaks volumes. Music can pulled me so far out a funk that nothing in the world can bother me, it save me in a sense.  In this video she is preforming for MTV unplugged and she sings with such passion in every note. Towards the end she begins to cry and the chills that she gives off fills the room. Watch the video it speaks for itself and I hope you come to enjoy her songs and spirit as much as I do.

7 comments:

  1. All I have to say is WOW, WOW, WOW. Seldom have I seen a performer get into that kind of zone. Powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauryn Hill is a very talented performer. Also, I agree with you about the magic of music. I find it amazing how music can calms ones soul in the midst of stressful hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Jones also introduced me to this song & I must say I sat in admiration while watching the video because of the passion Lauryn Hill has. Just as you mentioned, she broke down in the middle of the song which proved to me that she literally felt every word she was singing. This reminds of your song “Serenity” (I tried to pull up the video but couldn’t find it). I think you too can exude so much passion in your songs & that’s something I’ve always admired about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom just went to the Lauryn Hill concert that was in Atlantic City. I have the footage if you want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lauryn Hill, and I love your taste in Music. I think the connections you make with the music that you like truly show the passion of a musician.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lauryn Hill, she is one of my favorites. I find it ironic how no matter what everyone has the same taste in music. Maybe it's the times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Im glad you enjoyed the song, I was actually turned on to it by my therapist. When I am upset I find myself listing to music, to relieve me from the stress of the world. If you need more I have a whole playlist for you.

    ReplyDelete