Saturday, April 9, 2011

Song Of the Week ( choice)

Etana: Reggae's Jill Scott
While sitting in class this week, Mr. Abrams sent me an email that directed me to the npr website where I found their artist of the week. She grab my attention the instant I saw the title of the article about her, Etana: Reggae's Jill Scott. Ok so, for one, I happen to love Jill Scott so i had to take a look, and secondly I'm half jamacian and I'm not really connected with my roots so it interested me immediately. "A roots-reggae bassline, accented by well-placed horns, has an old-school feel, but Etana's vocals seamlessly blend Jamaican Patois, R&B-style English and soul-sounding intonation. The result is a rarity: music that sermonizes, yet still sweetly serenades," stated the article, and I also felt it through her words and in her tone. It was liberating experience, and I enjoy eah song that I've heard so far. Above is a link to the npr article, and my song of the week "FREE" by Etana. ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Rock on! Some of the smartest people I know regularly listen to NPR. Welcome to our world!

    ReplyDelete