Sunday, May 8, 2011

Catch Up W/ Egan

Well, of course Egan and I had a great conversation/sit down as usual. I finally got to express my future plans for schooling to him , and of course he was ready to talk. I expressed to him that I was really trying to look into nursing school, but I would eventually want to return to school for what I really want to pursue, psychology. Egan then responded by telling me about Camden County College's nursing program and how it was one of the best in the state. Except the fact that the program has now been terminated and transferred to Rowans campus. But, as we further explored the opportunities I may have in the medical field, he asked me why I really wanted to go into nursing. I then explained to him that the economy is extremely rough right now so I wanted to start out with a career and job that would always be in demand, and then return to school with a good job and remain stable in life as I continued to get a bachelor's in social working. Mr. Snyder and Egan were very helpful in directing me in the right direction to further understand exactly what I wanted to do. For instance, although I never really saw myself as a nurse when Egan asked me why I wanted to go into social working, I answered because I would love to help people. He then said that I would be doing the same thing in the nursing field , but the crazy part was I never looked at it that way. Over all it was a great meeting and still has me thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Both plans seem good for you kiddo. But! You must stay with the plan....in order to be successful. STAY WITH THE PLAN!!

    ReplyDelete