Sunday, May 15, 2011

Connection: Gone So Soon

On May 12, 2011 a youg man by the name of David Rivera was killed on the streets of Camden, and it tore the town of Lindenwold apart. David Rivera was more than a long time friend he was my family and words can't explain how I felt to hear that he passed away. People never realize how precious and short life can be until something horrilbe like this happens. David was a funny,silly, outgoing kid , most know his sister and cousin Marisol Muldrow and Elena Rivera. He didn't deserve what happened to him but they say your story is already written from birth, it's just sad it ad to happen so soon. Most may say he's in a better place but to me hes not. He didn't suffer from an illness, he was elderly, nor was he sick, but he his only problem was the people he surrounded himself with. He happened to fall victim because those so called friends. Im not judging but I loved that young an with all my heart and I call for justice and peace between our fellow neighbors and friends. It's time for the madness to end! It's been really hard getting through this time so my music bring me back to reality because this seems so unreal. I listen to his favorite songs, peaceful r&b, just something I can call my therapy for the moment. I'm glad I do have music our I don't know where my head would be. All I keep saying is this is crazy, but I guess we'll all have to come to realize to ceris what we have now because it ca be taken at anytime.Rest In Peace David!!

1 comment:

  1. Again, I am so so sorry for your loss. Now that I see his face, I remember him. I never had David in class.

    ReplyDelete