Sunday, March 27, 2011

My choice (song of the day)

While I wanted to make it clear that music is a passion ,so you must listen to all types of music, which leads me to this entry. My spotlight artist of the week is Fefe Dibson, a young diverse artist that gives you a little titaste of everything. Her style is completely destinctive and captivating, she draws you in. She's a Canadian-born fireball that grew up in a musically diverse family, the sounds that permeated FeFe’s household pulled her in all directions at once. Her mother would regularly spin tunes by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, while dancing around the house with abandon. “My mom was like a disco queen,” says FeFe with a laugh. “She was crazy. She’d always be dancing to Flashdance and stuff like that. I’d sit there and go, ‘She’s weird,’ but that’s how I learned to dance.” Meanwhile, another influence began to dictate FeFe’s rock aesthetic.
“I grew up with Michael and Janet Jackson, but my older sister was listening to Guns N’ Roses and Nirvana, so I was right in the middle of it,” says Dobson, a native of Scarborough, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, where she was brought up by a single mom, a mix of native Canadian and English, with a Jamaican father . “I like that combination, especially when I heard Janet’s ‘Black Cat,’ with its rock guitar riff. That’s what this album reflects. I tried to isolate myself from the radio and TV while I was making it. I listened to a lot of old records, like Stevie Nicks, the Doors and Led Zeppelin, real dramatic, emotional music.” Fefe bacame a true rocker but she imbraces all walks of music. I hope you enjoy this video, " Bye Bye Boyfriend", it really show hoe diverse she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment